How to add a recent posts button to your board:
1) Go to the directory (main page) of your board and click advanced search
2) Prepare your advanced search page as follows:
Top left: Leave keyword and username fields blank
Bottom left: Find posts from (select 1 week ago) and newer. You can select posts from one day, one week, two weeks, etc... depending on your preferences.
Order results by: make sure you have date selected.
Top right: Select all boards.Don't worry if you have private forums, peopel will only see posts from forums they have acces to.
3) Once you have prepared your search page, click the search button. You will now get search results. Keep that tab, and open a second tab or window.
4) Go to customized skins in your admin menu and click edit HTML in the active default skin
Paste the following code in your custom footer:
<box after="control-box top" class="index-jumpbox">
<a class="index-jumpbox" style="background-color: #cc9933; text-decoration: none;" target="_blank" title="Click here" href="your link goes here"><fontcolor="white" size="2px" style="background-color: #cc9933;"> Click to see all latest posts --- in past day </font></a>
</box><box after="control-box top" class="index-jumpbox"><center><a class="index-jumpbox" style="background-color: #cc9933; text-decoration: none;" target="_blank" title="Click here" href="your long link goes here"><font color="white" size="2px" style="background-color: #cc9933;">Click to see all latest posts</font></a></center></box>
5) Go back to the tab in which you generated the search, copy the link and replace the bold part in the code with your link. Your link will be quite long, and the more forums you have, the longer your link will be.
6) Replace the two colour codes (in bold) with colour codes that will be suitable for your group.
7) Scroll down to the bottom of your page and click the save button to save the changes.
You now have a Click to see latest posts button on the main page of your board.
What to do if you want to see the latest posts but you don't have admin powers to the group?
To see the recent posts in order they were made in any group is real easy. Simply go to the main page of the group and click "search all", this will sort all posts from most recent to older.
*Note: Communities that use the new user interface already have an active topic button on the boards.