I lost the image that was creating my background....

Ask your general design questions here.

Moderators: not2foxie, bwayne, spherical

Little Elf

22 Jan 2017, 17:37 #1

I have a private board I started some time ago, just to get familiar with the new style in case I ever lost the old oneA friend (HH) worked on the skin and did a very nice job, but now the skin is compromised because the image that was used to create it, is gone
The little I thought I knew about the new style, didn't work. I tried to use a skin from the library, so that I could at least see my Forums, but it didn't take....can someone please help?

http://thehiddencave.yuku.com/

Thank you!

spherical

23 Jan 2017, 11:29 #2

Hi LE :) I just had a quick look into the codes and it looks like it's on Photo Buckets end that all the images are missing. Either HH has deleted those or PB is playing up.

My suggestion is to replace all the image URLS in that skin with other images of your own. That way you get to see at least the layout of the skin again and can then decide on how to go from there.

Perhaps just use plain images you already have .... just to see what goes where etc ... hope this makes sense :)

Little Elf

26 Jan 2017, 17:52 #3

MarthaImage  
You give me too much credit, I have no idea how to do what you just saidImage
 Image I've never worked on that skin, HH did all, I just saved the  images on my account when she told me to...I would replace them, if I knew where to put the URLS  Image

bwayne

27 Jan 2017, 15:39 #4

The little I thought I knew about the new style, didn't work. I
tried to use a skin from the library, so that I could at least see my
Forums, but it didn't take....can someone please help?
Little Elf....The Skins from the old UI skin library will not apply on the new RD style......If you go here:  http://yukudemo.yuku.com/you will be able to download skins from Arizona's RD library......or, in the right side panel on that board is a list of other skin makers who also post download links for their RD skins.
come hang with us

Little Elf

30 Jan 2017, 22:06 #5

Bwayne, sorry I only now answer your post
I accessed the skin library from the new RD board so I assumed they were RD style

bwayne

30 Jan 2017, 23:09 #6

Oh .....okay...so you imported the RD skin.......and then applied it to your board....forums?

I would check it out for you Little Elf, but I see it is an MBA board.
come hang with us

spherical

30 Jan 2017, 23:53 #7

LE if you have all those images saved in your own album then you can use those images urls to replace the ones missing. The thing is that I or bwayne wouldn't know what image would go where but it is do-able as such if we had access to your board.

The images that are missing now are all the ones that where still coming from HH via her PB so that is what would need to be replaced with the images from your album ... if that makes sense.

In each section of the coding you will see image urls .... those are the ones that you would need to replace with the url from the image in your album.

bwayne

31 Jan 2017, 00:08 #8

Yes......what Martha said......lol.
Sending you a PM LE........
come hang with us

Little Elf

31 Jan 2017, 17:47 #9

spherical wrote:The thing is that I or bwayne wouldn't know what image would go where but it is do-able as such if we had access to your board.
Bwayne has access, I don't know how to give you access if you don't apply
I'm going to go through yours and Bwayne's  skins, is there a skin that you know of, in the Magic/ elves theme?... that would be perfect for me

bwayne

01 Feb 2017, 00:12 #10

L.E........

Click on your admin at top of board....when the new page opens, look to the left on the Dashboard....click on Manage under Members. When the new page opens, look at the top bar..."All Members etc."...click on "Invited"....
When the new page opens, type in the name of the person you wish to have access.....Click the Invite button..and that should give access......the only thing is you must make sure you get the name exactly like it is listed on Yuku...like....Spherical.u
come hang with us