Important Announcement

Yuku Team

December 3rd, 2016, 11:22 pm

Dear Yuku Supporters,

We realize that the past few weeks has been extremely frustrating, but we assure you that it will get much, much better. 

We had expected the migration to be complete by Friday, but a database server crashed during the relaunch causing significant outages.  There was no loss of data, but definitely an annoying loss of access. For this we truly apologize.  We are working on reconfiguring the database again, but Yuku is massive, comprising over a decade of posts and tens of thousands of communities and there is no modern infrastructure that Yuku can easily be ported over with.

We anticipate the move will be over by the end of this week, barring any other unforeseen circumstances.  When the move is done, you will see steady improvements and progress including faster load times, improved moderation efficiency, and of course an amazing mobile interface.  We believe that the move will set Yuku up for growth over the next several years which is why we ask you to bear with us during this time.  Your support means everything to us, but CrowdGather was down to only one engineer which made it impossible to make changes.  Now things will be better.

Going forward, we will post an update of expected outages when databases are being synchronized.  We will try our best to do these when Yuku experiences the lightest traffic in order to minimize interruptions.  We will also let you know when the move is done so you can report any feedback from your membership which needs to be addressed or corrected.

Thank you for your continued support and patience. Vey soon we hope to be in a position that makes up for all of this confusion.

Regards,

Yuku
Last edited by Yuku Team on December 4th, 2016, 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThePhoenix61

December 3rd, 2016, 11:31 pm

The sharing of this information is greatly appreciated.
I knew from the business reports there were some difficulties for Crowdgather but I didn't realise it was that bad. It really does explain a lot of what we've been experiencing in the past little while.
Reconfiguring the entire database is not something I envy the team having to do it. Luckily there is a larger team in place to see this through.

Again, thank you for the information and may the forces of the computer spirits be kind over the next week.

TIMEandAGAIN

December 4th, 2016, 12:45 am

Thank you for the update....and all the work you've been doing!!! 

iris89

December 4th, 2016, 12:50 am

LET'S PRAY ALL GOES WELL.
Francis David said it long ago, "Neither the sword
of popes...nor the image of death will halt the march of truth. "Francis
David, 1579, written on the wall of his prison cell." Read the book,
"What Does The Bible Really Teach" and the Bible today, and go to
www.jw.org! 

Chrysalis7

December 4th, 2016, 1:06 am

Thanks so much for the detailed update and explanations.
Understanding what is going on and why makes all the difference in the world!

ke

December 4th, 2016, 1:07 am

thanks!!

Rosemary1947

December 4th, 2016, 1:11 am

Thank you, Yuku.Image

jewel33

December 4th, 2016, 1:28 am

Thank you so much for letting us all know. I much prefer forums over Facebook because it's easier to get to the information you need.
HAED WIP's
(click on the name of the chart to get to the Photobucket album for that piece)

QS  Butterfly Two
(81.9%)7,681 stitches to goEarly Morning in Serenity Creek
(36,2%)48,202 stitches to goForever Friends
(72%)21,836 stitches to go

Priya
(36.9%)184,504 stitches to go

Finished HAEDs:  Mini Train of Dreams  QS Red Maple Fairy Mini Melita QS Frogs Kissing

My HAED Wishlist 

~~Julie~~

Icdchess

December 4th, 2016, 1:53 am

We are very happy with the support we received from day 1 of this mess, and we look forward to the improvements.However, I have to take exception to one comment above: "There was no loss of data......" I have sent in a ticket and I also saw posts from other forum admins that data is missing.Every post that was placed on our blog (ourcondo) from 9 p.m. EST Monday, Nov. 28th to Tuesday at 7 p.m. EST Nov. 29th, when the server crashed, is still missing.
If it indeed was not lost, it would be VERY helpful to have that data back on the site where it belongs.Any chance we can make that happen?C17 - ourcondoThanks for keeping us in the loop. We have been with Yuku for almost 9 years and I have always sung your praises.Steve

ThePhoenix61

December 4th, 2016, 2:10 am

Icdchess wrote:We are very happy with the support we received from day 1 of this mess, and we look forward to the improvements.However, I have to take exception to one comment above: "There was no loss of data......" I have sent in a ticket and I also saw posts from other forum admins that data is missing.Every post that was placed on our blog (ourcondo) from 9 p.m. EST Monday, Nov. 28th to Tuesday at 7 p.m. EST Nov. 29th, when the server crashed, is still missing.
If it indeed was not lost, it would be VERY helpful to have that data back on the site where it belongs.Any chance we can make that happen?C17 - ourcondoThanks for keeping us in the loop. We have been with Yuku for almost 9 years and I have always sung your praises.Steve
Hi Steve,

The no loss of data mentioned above refers to the outage from last night.

This post here 
speak to the data loss we had on C17,

C17
C17 experienced issues during the migration. All C17 boards were restored from our most recent backups. This does mean, however, that some posts made in the hours before the crash will have gone missing. Sorry about this!

Not sure how many hours but from what I've seen from my own site it was possibly in the 12 hour range or more.

Brian