lack of easy manoeuvrability, or: the scrolling is killing me :)

watergaze

June 9th, 2014, 7:04 am

It is very inconvenient to move around the new UI boards.
Please put the same buttons and access links on both top and bottom of the page (not as it is now, one thing here another thing there, all scattered).

Currently there is no way how to add buttons to top and bottom of threads (asked in a support ticket). Also to give the link that can get one to a higher level of the board to be also on the bottom of the page (as it is usually after I have read the new posts that I want to move up a level or two. But now I first have to scroll all the way up to the top of the page in order to use the link there).

Reply being only on the bottom is sometimes frustrating (I can go into a thread because I want to make a post and not because there is something new there on the bottom that I want to read, then Im forced to scroll over the whole length of the thread and some threads are really long). Same thing with Admin/Topic Tools being only on top (I go and read a topic to see what it is about etc and then only when I get to the bottom do I know if I want to move it, split it etc. but now I have to scroll all the way up to get at the Admin Tools). Scroll craziness...

I have started to use Home and End shortcuts to move around faster, but really this is a silly thing with the new UI, pretty inconvenient (and confusing all the more if one is also using the old UI on other boards). Thus, I would like to request that these buttons are added to top and bottom of the threads and to place the link to the bottom of to the threads too. Make it easier to manoeuvre around for us pls.

P.S. It would also be nice to have the "reply" button when Im writing a post (in the reply/writing/editor box) to the right... (like it is here in as I am making a post in the Community Feedback form). Would be nice if that was a thing one could customize (it is so in the old UI and so using both Im always looking for it in the wrong place, plus I am a right handed person using a touchpad)

watergaze

October 30th, 2016, 5:21 pm

How long does it take for the support team to take a hint and fix some impracticalities that keep getting on users' nerves? It has been over 2 years since I wrote the post above.
Is this feedback section just for show or what?

not2foxie

October 30th, 2016, 9:03 pm

Be patient, they're on break, lol. Just kidding, probably..They usually do changes according to how many people request it or how practical it is. Some changes would require completely rewriting the code. Maybe that's one of them. Chris will know more than I do about that.