Open letter to Crowdgather

Sandy

November 28th, 2015, 10:09 am

I simply can't tell you how frustrated I and many others of us are.Yuku is dying.  That is a fact.  The few of us original Yuku members that are left know exactly why it's dying.There were two major changes to the system before Crowdgather took over that injured Yuku and set it on the road to it's decline.  It is within Crowdgathers capabilities to rectify, over night, the damage done and start to set us on the road to recovery.The two damaging choices made by the previous owners were, one shutting down our original Lobby and the second selling the company before completing the migration of all members onto the new style profiles.Crowdgather at least tried to rectify part of the damage by opening this Yukusupport board, albeit they came too late to the party to make much difference, but at least it was a good effort and has been much appreciated by so many of us.  But..........  The most major of problems Crowdgather has chosen to ignore.That is....... not migrating all members onto the new style profiles.It's not good enough that we have been promised even more new profiles.  The system can't afford to wait for those.  We need to be on one style profile "now" -  Today, not tomorrow.The system is all set up to convert all to the new style so it's logical to choose the new style for all rather than the old at this point.  By the pressing of a few buttons we could all be on one style profile within hours.
It's totally illogical for a company to sit back and watch while Rome burns when they have the ability to put out the flames instantly.What the company decides to do in the future by way of creating new profiles is up to them and as members we will have to accept them.  But for goodness sake, give the order to migrate all, now, onto the one style profile so as members we can start to rebuild our relationships and interaction once again with so many lost friends.I am aware of course that many on the old style profiles will object and argue that the old style profiles are the best and as such we should all have those, but very few people on the old style profiles actually use them as they are not interactive, and originally we were all meant to be migrated on to the new style anyway.  It would also take time to develop the software to convert back to the old.  So the only sensible choice would be convert us all now to the new style.   Please just push the damn button!
Last edited by Sandy on November 29th, 2015, 12:26 am, edited 8 times in total.

BlueRose1197

November 29th, 2015, 12:03 am

Ditto.
My Little Piece of the Web

genieliz

November 30th, 2015, 7:19 am

Sandy, I am still on the old profile and much prefer it to the new ones which are quite awful

I can still communicate with new profile members & old ones & send them messages via the PM system

If there was a decent new one then members would be happy to migrate - I don't know anyone who likes the new profiles

I am not sure why you cannot communicate with members on the different profiles - maybe I have misunderstood what you are saying?

Liz

not2foxie

November 30th, 2015, 1:30 pm

I have the new profile and totally HATE it. I can't communicate with anybody on the old profile unless they convert to the new style.

genieliz

December 2nd, 2015, 6:22 am

Not2foxy, That is strange because I have members of my group on new profiles who can communicate with me via the PM system and vise versa

Or do you mean a different section of the profile other than PMs ?

Liz

Sandy

December 2nd, 2015, 9:00 am

The new style profiles are fully interactive in their own right.
Just as with Facebook or Twitter we are fed our friends activity onto our friends feed directly onto our own profiles. We have shoutboxes (which those on old style profiles can't view or join in with). We also have an activity block and pages that friends can comment on little shouts or buzzes from their own profile which then shows up on ours.
The not being able to interact with old style when on a new style is that new style can't leave you comments or comment on your blog posts. We can't "friend" an old style and even if we could the old style doesn't have any activity feeds for us to interact with.
People on old style can only view a 2/3 of our profile. They can't see what we have on the far right, which is the shout box, friends feed and other bits. I think that a lot of the time because the old style profile members can't see what goes on on the new style, they think they are ugly.

genieliz

December 3rd, 2015, 12:58 am

Sandy, Oh I see what you mean now - as I don't use any of those features that you mentioned it doesn't worry me
I didn't know that we could only see part of your profile page - I still don't think I would like it much even if I could as they are so huge compared to the old ones

I just checked one of my new members profile which is of course the new one and noticed that her email address is visible - is that usual on the new profiles?

Liz
Last edited by genieliz on December 3rd, 2015, 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arizona

December 3rd, 2015, 9:39 am

Hi Liz, your email is only visible if you choose it to be. The default setting is "Only me".

not2foxie

December 3rd, 2015, 3:08 pm

Hi Liz. It's been so long since I've used my profile (3 or 4 years) only a few times since  I switched to the new style. All I remember is, I was always getting a message to invite the person I was trying to contact to switch to the new style. I finally just gave up. The last thing I would do to a friend OR enemy is invite them to make the same mistake I made. That would be the same as talking your friends into committing suicide, sort of. lol