Scheduled profile server maintenance, starting at 3:00 AM EST

ChrisW

November 25th, 2016, 1:32 am

Hello everyone,
Profile server maintenance

We have a  profile server maintenance scheduled for tonight, starting at 3:00 AM EST on November 25th.
The maintenance is expected to last approximately 1 hour.

What to expect:

- Since we have several profile servers, only profiles on the server that will undergo maintenance will be affected.
- If your profile is on that server, you will see white pages all over Yuku when you are signed in with that profile. You can sign out by clearing your cookies, or your session cookies, or you can use a different browser to browse the boards while signed out. 

Current issues:

Some people are unable to access their profile page or their private messages, or they are unable to make a post without having the page go white after posting. If this is happening to you, it means that you're on the server that will undergo maintenance. There is no need to report this at the moment, as our team is aware of it.

Help requests:

Please note that our help options have changed. You can read more about it here:
http://yukusupport.yuku.com/topic/5526

News updates

... and while I'm at it, if you have admin access to a board, please click the Admin link in the navigation bar up top at your board, you will find our latest news update there.

Thanks
Last edited by ChrisW on November 25th, 2016, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One can see clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"~~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry~~

antdude

November 25th, 2016, 2:11 am

Uh, today is the 24th and after midnight PST already. Don't you mean the 25th?
Ant(Dude) @ The Ant Farm (Personal Web Site), Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL), and The Ant Farm and Myrmecology Forum. Quote of the Week: "If they are offered winged ants, people will eat them." --African

laurieluvsliason

November 25th, 2016, 2:25 am

Thanks so much Chris. I knew there had to be a reason for the white screens I have been getting all day along with 'fatal error' when some of my friends weren't getting them. Still others, I am hearing can't log into YuKu at all!

LiasonitesGathering2   Liason Fan # 110, Sig Min # 480  Many thanks to Angela for the awesome Siggie

GremlinettesMom

November 25th, 2016, 2:33 am

This was just posted an hour ago so I'm thinking she's talking about the 25th.
Hug Your Furbabies Daily

antdude

November 25th, 2016, 2:38 am

GremlinettesMom wrote:This was just posted an hour ago so I'm thinking she's talking about the 25th.
:D
Ant(Dude) @ The Ant Farm (Personal Web Site), Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL), and The Ant Farm and Myrmecology Forum. Quote of the Week: "If they are offered winged ants, people will eat them." --African

ChrisW

November 25th, 2016, 5:07 am

You know.. back in my Mafia Wars days, maintenance was always at midnight, and every single announcement ended in a heated discussion whether midnight was the end of a day or the start of a day. Eventually, they announced it as 11:59 PM.

I changed it to 3:00 AM EST which is just as good :)
"One can see clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"~~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry~~

QueenFoxy

November 25th, 2016, 7:17 am

Sounds good to me and I am more than happy to have this kind of notification of what is happening.  Thanks.   Such notification should please a lot of people.

leech pedlar

November 25th, 2016, 3:47 pm

ChrisW wrote:You know.. back in my Mafia Wars days, maintenance was always at midnight, and every single announcement ended in a heated discussion whether midnight was the end of a day or the start of a day. Eventually, they announced it as 11:59 PM.
I changed it to 3:00 AM EST which is just as good :)
Just say the word and I'll send some of the boys around to make him an offer he can't refuse.
Don LP
But I have promises to keep.

laurieluvsliason

November 25th, 2016, 4:53 pm

So seriously. I have no inbox, but I can see all my boards & evidently CANNOT post anywhere but the shout boxes. On some boards I get the reply box, but it won't post. White pages. On my own board I can't even get the reply box
This is torture, lol... watching my members post & not being able to reply...I can look but I can't touch lol! Day 2  (yesterday some of the posts went through, others did not)....When will this madness end?... Image
Last edited by laurieluvsliason on November 25th, 2016, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LiasonitesGathering2   Liason Fan # 110, Sig Min # 480  Many thanks to Angela for the awesome Siggie

OpalGirl10

November 25th, 2016, 5:02 pm

I'm not getting white pages when using my WD Greetings profile, but I did get a 404 page when I tried to log off of that profile this morning. One big step forward.

I'm thankful that I'm luckier than others.