Suggestion about post count displayed

Ask your general design questions here.

Moderators: not2foxie, bwayne, spherical

Linche

23 Feb 2017, 05:41 #1

So I was thinking, lol.....I have years and years of posts that I've archived in their own Category.  The only reason I keep all these posts is because I don't want my board's topic and post counts to take a nosedive.I'm wondering if this could be possible:Each new topic and each post goes into the total counts and stays there even if the topic or post is deleted.  The totals can only increase but never decrease.  That way, boards could keep "getting credit" for their actual, true topic and posts activity but would be able to delete old, archived (or not archived) topics and posts that no one ever looks back at anyway.Any chance?  I'd love to do some Spring Cleaning, lol.

So bitter are American liberals that they may go down as the sorest losers since the invention of democracy. Seth Lipsky

heavenlee

25 Feb 2017, 02:23 #2

Oh I would love hearing about this as I delete every month and start new post/topics each month, I hate what I call rollovers on my boards .. never even thought of keeping posts.. what is this about  getting credits?
Something new to me totally.

Linche

26 Feb 2017, 04:54 #3

Hi Heavenlee,It's a good thing to have high topic and post counts.  There's no "credit" per se, lol.  It just indicates how active (popular) that board has been.  People usually will join boards that have higher activity before the ones that don't have a lot.

So bitter are American liberals that they may go down as the sorest losers since the invention of democracy. Seth Lipsky