TapaTalk FAQs

ChrisW

December 15th, 2016, 4:12 am

TapaTalk FAQs
Is TapaTalk free or will I have to pay?
TapaTalk is free. You don't have to pay anything to be on TapaTalk.
However, if you choose to sign up to the premium tier for more branding options (an App of your own), you have the option to sign up for a 90-day free trial. It won’t activate until you sign up. 
Head here for more information: https://www.tapatalk.com/start-here.php  

Will the desktop version of my board go away?
The desktop version of your board will not go away, it will always be there. The Tapatalk is here to make it easier for mobile users to view your forum. With more than 50% of internet users accessing via mobile devices nowadays, it is very important to have an app through which your forum can be browsed comfortably.

Can I use the TapaTalk app on my tablet?
Yes, definitely. The TapaTalk app can be used on phones and tablets.

Can people register through the app? This was not possible in the previous app.
Yes, anyone can register at your forum through the app as long as they have an activated TapaTalk account. A TapaTalk account is easy and quick to make.

My Yuku admin login doesn't work at the Site Owner Console.
Your Site Owner Console login and your Yuku login are different. Check your email for a TapaTalk mail, it has your Site Owner Console login credentials.

My forum is private and I don't want it to be found. Is that possible?
If you forum is private, the same will be true on Tapatalk.  To see the content, you will need login to your forum credentials.

I want to build my own app, but Apple requires https to build an app starting January 1, 2017. We don't have that on Yuku, is this going to be a problem?
We will be moving to HTTPS very soon.  This will improve security for all users.  Additionally, if you are interested in building a branded app, moving to HTTPS will meet Apple's requirement.
"One can see clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"~~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry~~