Text running off page

Ask your general design questions here.

Moderators: not2foxie, bwayne, spherical

trudytru

05 Dec 2016, 02:02 #1

http://scottbakulafanforum.yuku.com/

Hoping you can help a member of my forum. When she accesses the forum by Ipad to view the forum, the text runs off the page.  Can you advise the best app that she can use to read the forum ?

Trudy 
   The wonder has a name: Scott Bakula - one name, one legend           

ThePhoenix61

05 Dec 2016, 15:14 #2

HI Trudy.
I checked your board and see that you are using the old design.
It's not the app that is giving that issue it's the code.
Quoting Spherical, "With the older boards it can get a bit tricky but with the newer RD boards there are codes we can put in to help with that."
I'm not as good with good as Spherical is.I suggest posting this problem in the mobile support section here
and note that you are using the old design.
Maybe someone with better code knowledge than mine can help.

ChrisW

05 Dec 2016, 22:42 #3

Trudy, is that in the Tapatalk app?
Also, is it *only* on mobile, or also in any non-chrome browsers?
Our support avenues are the support forum here and our desk which can be reached by sending an email to [email protected]
Please do not request support via private message. Thanks

trudytru

08 Dec 2016, 23:04 #4

So sorry for my slow reply. Thank you ThePhoenix61. I will try your suggestion :)
Chris, two of my moderators told me that there is no problem when viewing the forum on desktop, only when they use their tablet.
I myself can read the forum on my mobile phone because an option popped up for me to switch to "mobile app" (name not supplied ) and once I did, the text problem was fixed.

Would be very grateful if this problem could be solved as I would like to avoid having to change the design.
Trudy

ChrisW

09 Dec 2016, 04:42 #5

Hi Trudy,
The app is there for exactly that reason, so that viewers would be able to view the forums comfortably. Many skins are just not suited for mobile, and the app takes care of that.
Did you receive an email from Tapatalk recently with a login and password? You can log in there, and make some changes to your liking.
Our support avenues are the support forum here and our desk which can be reached by sending an email to [email protected]

trudytru

06 Jan 2017, 02:47 #6

Thank you Chris. I'm not having the problem of text running off the page. I can view it perfectly on both my desktop and mobile phone. However, a couple of my members are still finding the same issue but only in some of the threads. The screen capture thread and New Year collage are the ones I was directed to.

I have looked at these threads and don't see anything wrong.

I know one of the members seeing some of the replies running off the page had downloaded the app but is still seeing the text run off the page. Is there something she could be doing wrong ?
I'm sorry to bother you but am not tech savvy so would appreciate any help or guidance you can give me to help my members.
Trudy
http://scottbakulafanforum.yuku.com/for ... G8B7Pl97g4

ChrisW

06 Jan 2017, 23:43 #7

Thanks, Trudy. It's a browser issue. Well not exactly, it is an issue with text not wrapping, and this will only be seen in chrome. I'm going to move this to the design forum as it is related to the skin you are using there.

spherical

07 Jan 2017, 23:10 #8

When making skins sometimes people with small screens get the text overflowing on their screen. To stop this from happening put the below code in the Footer and the 2nd code in Advanced CSS.In the Footer put

*<resolutionclass>*
In Advanced CSS put

.res-800-600 #wrapper { width: 750px; margin: 0px auto; }
This should fix that problem for your users Trudy :)

trudytru

17 Jan 2017, 23:34 #9

Thanks spherical, sorry to be a nuisance but i used the above codes you gave me but three of my members still say they are seeing text running off the page to the right. Assuming that I did the right thing, placing the codes in each sub forum ? Is that correct. I'm not tech savvy at all so any help you can give me will be very much appreciated. I'd like to know everyone can read the forum easily. I can view the forum without any issues.
It occurs for them with both desktop and tablet . Unfortunately, downloading the app you suggested (Tapatalk) did not help them.

Trudy

http://scottbakulafanforum.yuku.com/for ... H6pj_l97g4
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;The wonder has a name: Scott Bakula&nbsp;- one name, one legend&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

bwayne

18 Jan 2017, 00:30 #10

Trudy...I went to your one thread you mentioned with all the photos in it.......and yes, the text and the images run off the page even for me on FF.....And I believe it is because the images posted there are so huge......that they also take the text off the page.  If you put in a code to limit the width of the photos, that may solve it.......You can put it in your Global Footer or your  Custom Footer........to test it out.
<imagetamer limit="size" type="posts" width="600" height="600">
come hang with us