Top 100 Queries and a Suggestion

Sandy

August 22nd, 2015, 6:41 am

Suggestion:  It would be much better if when clicking a link to go visit a forum that it opened in a new tab/window.  It's hard to browse the boards on there when one has to keep clicking back to the Top 100 page, especially if one has spent time looking through the pages of a specific board.Query1:  How does one remove one of our own boards that we have closed down.  I tried in the board's "Find Setting" page unticking the radio button for making the board searchable, but it still shows on the Top 100.  If we can't remove our own closed boards then the Top 100 will one day be littered with dead boards.Query2:  How often is the Top 100 refreshed, because after changing the name and image for the board in the "Info" settings page it isn't changing on the Top 100.  I assumed it would change when/if the Top 100 was refreshed but it's been at least 8 hours now.  Now I'm thinking perhaps it might take 24 hours.Query3:  I keep asking for a feed page for blog posts which seems to have been never forth coming so is there any chance we can have a Top 100 for the blogs as well or am I asking for the moon again.

spherical

August 22nd, 2015, 8:11 am

Sandy it takes 24 hrs for the new board image to show :)

Sandy

August 22nd, 2015, 8:27 am

Ahhh, then it might also take 24 hours for a board to disappear once one has unticked the radio button for it to be searchable in the board settings if one doesn't want it on the Top 100.

Thanks Martha, I will keep my eye out for that.

24 hours for a refresh is a heck of a long time though. Never heard of one being that long for a system.

spherical

August 22nd, 2015, 9:24 am

I should have said it can take up to 24 hrs as I've noticed some change a bit faster then that.

No idea on the removing boards part as I haven't had to do that myself Sandy.

Sandy

August 22nd, 2015, 10:29 am

Logically by removing a board from being searched for it should remove it from the Top 100. That's how it used to work with the very original board search, so I'm sure once it refreshes it will work for the Top 100 as well.

Now just waiting to see.

ThePhoenix61

August 22nd, 2015, 2:01 pm

When I want to look at a board from the top 100 list I right click on its link and open in a new tab. This leaves the top 100 page open and allows me to look through the site at my leisure without losing place in either one.

ChrisW

August 22nd, 2015, 2:16 pm

Hi there Sandy :)
I like the open in new tab idea, I'll submit a task on that to have it changed.
Q1: Removing needs to be done by us. We can either remove it, or pause it.

Difference:

Pausing: The board is hidden from view but is still there. It can later be brought back and it will retain the votes. Removing it removes it completely and when put back at a later time, the votes start at zero.
Q2: I believe it's more than 24 hours but I'm not 100% certain how long, but this is how it works: The changes update in the database at specific times. Depending on when in this cycle you changed title or banner,it could take minutes or hours to update.
Q3: I'd give you the moon if I could. I'll ask Dan what the chances are of getting a blog top.
"One can see clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes"~~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry~~

Sandy

August 22nd, 2015, 7:38 pm

When voting from a board it also takes one away from that board and the only option given is to click to go to the Top 100. So that really also needs to be sorted out opening up in a new tab when clicking from a board to vote.
A Top Blog 100 is my second choice don't forget. I would much rather them create an updated blog post page similar to this http://www.runboard.com/sp/blogs although I'm sure that the Yuku techs can do a better job than that one.

spherical

August 23rd, 2015, 2:11 am

Brian I always use the right click and open in new tab myself :)

VPANST

March 13th, 2017, 9:56 pm

I have found it interesting how certain groups like to 'game' the system.I wonder if one vote every 48 hours, instead of every 24 hours, would slow things down a bit?http://www.yuku.com/popular?p=1http://w ... r?p=3[i][b][/b][/i]