What is a secret question and answer (Q&A) and why do we need it?
A Q&A is a question / answer you can add to your account. Only you know the answer. It is very important to add this to your account, because you may need it some day to establish ownership of the account.
Cases in which ownership of an account needs to be established.
1) When transferring ownership of a board, you will need to establish ownership of the board owner's account.
2) When you lose your password and you are unable to reset it yourself (e.g. email is no longer valid)
3) When you ask us to change the email on your account.
4) When you request to have your account deleted
5) When you need a profile removed from your account.
6) For any situation that requires an account alteration of any kind.
The above are just a few examples. Asking the Q&A on your account is not only routine when making alterations to an account, it is required. Let us state this clearly, we will not make any alterations to your account unless you can answer the Q&A. If you don't have one, then you may have a problem, and/or it could take a lot of back-and-forth mailing of tickets to establish ownership of your account in a different way other than answering the Q&A.
How to add a Q&A to your account.
New style profiles:
1) Go to your profile page and click the tools icon in the navigation bar.
2) Scroll down to below the time zone settings and choose a question from the drop down menu
3) Answer the question, enter your password and save the changes. Do not forget to save the changes or your Q&A will not stick.
Old style profiles.
1) Go to your profile page and click account in the navigation bar.
2) Click Secret Q&A from the options as seen in the image below.
3) Choose a question from the drop down menu.
4) Add your answer, enter your password and click submit to save the changes.