- Search is now working on C11 boards. Soon this will work on all servers.
- Signatures should now update on all servers
- Pending members should now be showing on all servers as well.
- New members should now show their names and avatars.
- New members will also show up in the member lists now.
- There will be a lag on C2, C6, C8, C10, and C11 for the next 3 hours (Those suffered a bit while fixing the accounts)
[UPDATED 12/29/16 at 11:48 PM EST]
Things are shaping up after the move to our new servers.
- Some issues were discovered on C14, causing the server to experience intermittent downtime. This has been fixed now.
- Chat room are working again.
- photobucket insertion should be working now as well.
- Search is being worked on, This is a big job, however, expect a few more days.
- Signatures not updating and pending members not showing is also being worked on. If you know you have pending members, please email email@example.com with a link to the board and a link to the profile page of the pending member. I can give you a link through which you can accept the members. Both the signatures not updating and the pending members not showing have the same root cause and will see the fix together.
- It has been reported that spell check is not working. This will be looked into shortly.
- Stats will come back soon.
- There is one more profile server with missing albums and messages, this is being worked on as well.
- Post loss: We have the posts saved. A script is being written to insert them back into the boards.
If you see any issues that are not mentioned here, please post in this topic or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
[UPDATED 12/28/16 at 1:40 AM EST]
Time for another update.
- Photo albums and photos should no longer show a white page or a server error when you click on them.
- A DNS issue was fixed that affected some boards at Forumer.
- Image upload is fixed as well.
Pending members: If you had membership applications but have not seen the pending members yet, please email email@example.com and I'll make a link for you through which you can approve the members. This is just a work-around. The issue will be fixed shortly.
Preparations are being made to recover some posts that were lost during the switch-over.
Chat rooms and signatures will be looked at shortly.
[UPDATED 12/26/16 at 7:25 PM EST]
I would like to give a quick update..
Quite a bit of progress has been made today.
All profiles that were seeing the maintenance page upon login should now be fixed. If you still see the maintenance page, you may need to clear your cache. If the maintenance page persists still after clearing your cache, please email firstname.lastname@example.org but all should be well here.
Private messages should be back on most profiles. If you still have missing private messages, please let us know, either by posting here or by emailing email@example.com
[UPDATED 12/26/16 at 3:12 PM EST]
All boards should be up and running. However, we do have a few issues that are being sorted.
- Several profile servers are still being worked on. One is under maintenance, and you will see the maintenance screen when you attempt to log in. I will post an update here as soon as the maintenance screen has been removed.
- One profile server is being re-imported due to loss of images, messages, etc... there is no need to report this, our team is aware of it and is waiting for the backups import to finish.
- There are several ISPs that have not flushed their DNS cache yet. As long as they have not done that, members will still be hitting our old IP and will not be able to access. It should be possible to access on a proxy, or by editing one's hosts file. I know that not everyone knows how to edit their hosts file, but if you do know how to do it, you can point the boards you visit to the 220.127.116.11 IP.
- Other things being worked on: Pending members are not showing on all boards. Or, let me say were not showing. Any members requesting access will show now, but there are some that requested access or posted before the final server switch, and those are still not showing. This is being sorted.
- Some boards will experience slowness today while the servers are being worked on further
Again, my apologies for any inconveniences.
I will update here with every bit of news I receive.
Update at 9:15 PM EST on December 23rd 2016
The switch to the new servers have gone well. Most servers are up, and running super fast. No problems have been reported with posting, or slowness.
Our team is still sorting out some things, however.
C7 and C12 are currently under maintenance. The goal of this maintenance is to retrieve the recent posts that were lost. The process is expected to take several hours.
Some profiles have missing skins, friends, messages, etc.. All of those profiles are on the same server and it is being worked on. Everything should return to normal.
Once C12, C7, and the profile server are in good shape, the mail script will be reinstated and notifications will start going through.
For any issues, please feel free to post here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow extra time to support emails, due to volume.
Our team is preparing to make the switch to the new servers. We're aware that the past weeks have been difficult, especially for boards on certain servers. The issues you've been experiencing are due to data being in two different locations, which has been slowing down the pageloads, along with some other issues.
Tentative date / time for the switch to happen is Friday, December 23rd at 7:00 AM PST or 10:00 AM EST,
We are currently testing in our testing environment and the technical team is sorting out some bugs.
What to expect:
One thing I can say for sure. The page load will be faster than you've ever seen it. I have personally been testing, and my posts are there the very second I hit the post button. This is what you can expect when the switch happens.
Our team is working hard to work out a few bugs before the switch, but if you still see anything out of place after the switch please submit a ticket or email us at email@example.com
We will have technical staff available to sort out any glitches.
Please note that the switch to our new servers involves a DNS change. It may take up to a day for your Internet Service Provider to update their DNS.
**Added: Old webservers will be pointed to the new dbs, so you should not feel the DNS changes.
The mail script will be started on the new servers, meaning you can send community messages again, and post notifications will work again.
On behalf of our team, I want to thank everyone for hanging in there with us. It has not been an easy time for anyone, and we want to thank you for the patience you have shown during this server migration.
Footnote: Please check back here later. This topic may be updated with more details.